On the Mainstage Feb. 5-Mar. 17Book Now for March Break!
In the Studio Feb. 17-Mar. 3Award-Winning Show for Babies!
On the Mainstage Apr. 9-27Click Here to Learn More
Spring Term On Sale Now!Click Here to Learn More
Register for Drama Camp!Click Here to Learn More
Get Special Offers and Inside InfoClick Here to Sign Up
Learning is at the centre of everything we do. Show More
YOUNG PEOPLE’S THEATRE (YPT) is the oldest professional theatre company in Toronto and is a national producer and presenter of theatre for young audiences – the first and largest of its kind in Canada. Over the past 52 years YPT has staged many of the most important plays that form the canon of work for youth in our country. YPT continues to develop new work and create partnerships with theatre companies across the country and around the world. But that’s not all. The enriched learning experiences of YPT’s Education & Participation Department provide young people with opportunities to develop their whole being. Through our workshops in community shelters and agencies, educational initiatives in Toronto classrooms, Drama School programs in four locations throughout the City,
and training and apprenticeship opportunities, we place learning at the centre of everything we do.
At Young People’s Theatre we strive for a positive and lasting impact on the emotional, social, and intellectual development of young people – giving them the chance to grow into the unique and wonderful people they were born to be.
- YPT offers a jam-packed Family Day with shows and activities for children from 3 months old and up!
- Award-winning show for babies returns to YPT by popular demand before going on tour!
- Young People's Theatre invites proposals for our "Children, Youth, and Performance Conference", which will be held in Toronto, Canada on Sunday, June 24th, 2018.
- Powerfully transformative play The Secret Garden invites young people to find themselves at YPT.
- YPT is thrilled to announce that Beauty and the Beast will be held over to January 7 due to unprecedented demand!
“Only the best
is good enough
Young People’s Theatre
“Thank you, YPT. You are vital to Toronto’s cultural make-up. Here’s to the next 50 years!”– Toronto Mayor John Tory
"Everyone at YPT believes in wonder, and in children. It is magical. It feels like home."– Tanisha Taitt, Director