On the Mainstage Apr. 9-27Click Here to Learn More
In the Studio Apr. 23-May 11Click Here to Learn More
On the Mainstage May 1-12Click Here to Learn More
Spring Term On Sale Now!Click Here to Learn More
Register for Summer Drama Camp!Click Here to Learn More
Check Out YPT VideosClick Here to Learn More
Learning is at the centre of everything we do. Show More
YOUNG PEOPLE’S THEATRE (YPT) is the oldest professional theatre company in Toronto and is a national producer and presenter of theatre for young audiences – the first and largest of its kind in Canada. Over the past 52 years YPT has staged many of the most important plays that form the canon of work for youth in our country. YPT continues to develop new work and create partnerships with theatre companies across the country and around the world. But that’s not all. The enriched learning experiences of YPT’s Education & Participation Department provide young people with opportunities to develop their whole being. Through our workshops in community shelters and agencies, educational initiatives in Toronto classrooms, Drama School programs in four locations throughout the City,
and training and apprenticeship opportunities, we place learning at the centre of everything we do.
At Young People’s Theatre we strive for a positive and lasting impact on the emotional, social, and intellectual development of young people – giving them the chance to grow into the unique and wonderful people they were born to be.
- The Government of Ontario Pledges $13.8 Million in Support of Young People’s Theatre and Room for Imagination.
- YPT presents Indigenous dance-drama Salmon Girl.
- YPT is proud to present the premiere of Christine Quintana’s powerful play about consent, Selfie.
- YPT presents the World Premiere of Risky Phil by award-winning playwright Paula Wing
- March Break Week at YPT is blossoming into an herbaceous hive of activity featuring daily performances of The Secret Garden, FREE activities for the whole family, and March Break Drama Camp!
- $10,000 Ada Slaight Drama in Education Award - CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
“Only the best
is good enough
Young People’s Theatre
“Thank you, YPT. You are vital to Toronto’s cultural make-up. Here’s to the next 50 years!”– Toronto Mayor John Tory
"Everyone at YPT believes in wonder, and in children. It is magical. It feels like home."– Tanisha Taitt, Director