Spirit HorseBook Now – Begins Oct. 18
A Seuss-a-deussical Holiday Treat!Book Now – Begins Nov. 14
4 Locations in the GTABook Now for Winter/Spring
Book a Field Trip TodayClick Here to Learn More
The Ada Slaight Education CentreClick Here to Visit & Comment
Welcome Syrian Newcomers!Click Here for Ticket Info
Learning is at the centre of everything we do. Show More
YOUNG PEOPLE’S THEATRE (YPT) is the oldest professional theatre company in Toronto and is a national producer and presenter of theatre for young audiences – the first and largest of its kind in Canada. Over the past 50 years YPT has staged many of the most important plays that form the canon of work for youth in our country. YPT continues to develop new work and create partnerships with theatre companies across the country and around the world. But that’s not all. The enriched learning experiences of YPT’s Education & Participation Department provide young people with opportunities to develop their whole being. Through our workshops in community shelters and agencies, educational initiatives in Toronto classrooms, Drama School programs in four locations throughout the City,
and training and apprenticeship opportunities, we place learning at the centre of everything we do. At Young People’s Theatre we strive for a positive and lasting impact on the emotional, social, and intellectual development of young people – giving them the chance to grow into the unique and wonderful people they were born to be.
- Multi-Dora Award-winning musical Seussical™ returns to Young People’s Theatre in a brand new production!
- Green Thumb Theatre’s timely play for teens about anxiety and depression, Still/Falling, will be presented in The Studio at YPT from November 22 to December 9.
- YPT presents Spirit Horse - a powerful story about traditional Indigenous ways and contemporary urban culture.
- YPT Welcomes Syrian Newcomer Families to Toronto with Complimentary Tickets
- YPT's Dora Award-winning show for babies, One Thing Leads to Another, returns by popular demand.
“Only the best
is good enough
Young People’s Theatre
“Thank you, YPT. You are vital to Toronto’s cultural make-up. Here’s to the next 50 years!”– Toronto Mayor John Tory
"Everyone at YPT believes in wonder, and in children. It is magical. It feels like home."– Tanisha Taitt, Director