Our Hit Baby Show is Back!Book Now – Begins Sept. 22
Spirit HorseBook Now – Begins Oct. 18
4 Locations in the GTABook All 3 Terms Now & Save 10%
Teachers: Book Now & SaveTickets just $14 until Sept. 5
The Ada Slaight Education CentreClick Here to Learn More
Our 50th Anniversary SeasonClick Here for Info
Learning is at the centre of everything we do. Show More
YOUNG PEOPLE’S THEATRE (YPT) is the oldest professional theatre company in Toronto and is a national producer and presenter of theatre for young audiences – the first and largest of its kind in Canada. Over the past 50 years YPT has staged many of the most important plays that form the canon of work for youth in our country. YPT continues to develop new work and create partnerships with theatre companies across the country and around the world. But that’s not all. The enriched learning experiences of YPT’s Education & Participation Department provide young people with opportunities to develop their whole being. Through our workshops in community shelters and agencies, educational initiatives in Toronto classrooms, Drama School programs in four locations throughout the City,
and training and apprenticeship opportunities, we place learning at the centre of everything we do. At Young People’s Theatre we strive for a positive and lasting impact on the emotional, social, and intellectual development of young people – giving them the chance to grow into the unique and wonderful people they were born to be.
- YPT's Dora Award-winning show for babies, One Thing Leads to Another, returns by popular demand.
- Young People's Theatre (YPT) was honoured with five Dora Mavor Moore Awards for the 2015/16 season last night, including two for the innovative production One Thing Leads to Another.
- The Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts (TAPA) announced yesterday that Young People’s Theatre (YPT) has been honoured with 19 Dora Mavor Moore Award nominations for its 50th Anniversary Season.
- YPT Executive Director Nancy Webster is honoured with both the Mallory Gilbert Leadership Award and the Leonard McHardy and John Harvey Award, in addition to YPT’s Arts for Youth Award and 19 Dora Mavor Moore Award nominations
- Artistic Director Allen MacInnis and Executive Director Nancy Webster are pleased to announce the 2016/17 Season at Young People's Theatre
“Only the best
is good enough
Young People’s Theatre
“Thank you, YPT. You are vital to Toronto’s cultural make-up. Here’s to the next 50 years!”– Toronto Mayor John Tory
"Everyone at YPT believes in wonder, and in children. It is magical. It feels like home."– Tanisha Taitt, Director