Show Combos on sale nowSchool groups on sale now
Available for a Limited TimeBook Now & Save up to 50%
Register TodaySummer Camps Begins July 4th
Teachers: book Now & SaveTickets just $13 until June 17!
June 6, 2016Click here to learn more
The Ada Slaight Education CentreClick here to learn more
Learning is at the centre of everything we do. Show More
YOUNG PEOPLE’S THEATRE (YPT) is the oldest professional theatre company in Toronto and is a national producer and presenter of theatre for young audiences – the first and largest of its kind in Canada. Over the past 50 years YPT has staged many of the most important plays that form the canon of work for youth in our country. YPT continues to develop new work and create partnerships with theatre companies across the country and around the world. But that’s not all. The enriched learning experiences of YPT’s Education & Participation Department provide young people with opportunities to develop their whole being. Through our workshops in community shelters and agencies, educational initiatives in Toronto classrooms, Drama School programs in four locations throughout the City,
and training and apprenticeship opportunities, we place learning at the centre of everything we do. At Young People’s Theatre we strive for a positive and lasting impact on the emotional, social, and intellectual development of young people – giving them the chance to grow into the unique and wonderful people they were born to be.
- Artistic Director Allen MacInnis and Executive Director Nancy Webster are pleased to announce the 2016/17 Season at Young People's Theatre
- YPT is thrilled to announce The Antigone Project, a new and innovative training/professional opportunity for emerging artists from across Canada.
- YPT will offer a refreshing new take on the classic musical, The Wizard of Oz, presented on the Mainstage from April 4 to May 15.
- Young People's Theatre extends the run of its ground-breaking baby show, One Thing Leads to Another, to meet demand.
- Young People’s Theatre Announces New $10,000 Ada Slaight Drama-in-Education Award
“Only the best
is good enough
Young People’s Theatre
“Thank you, YPT. You are vital to Toronto’s cultural make-up. Here’s to the next 50 years!”– Toronto Mayor John Tory
"Everyone at YPT believes in wonder, and in children. It is magical. It feels like home."– Tanisha Taitt, Director