YPT Announces 2017/18 SeasonClick Here to Learn More
In the Studio Oct. 2-21Click Here to Learn More
On the Mainstage Oct. 10-20Click Here to Learn More
Fall/Winter/Spring On Sale Now!Click Here to Register
The Ada Slaight Education CentreClick Here to Visit & Comment
News & Special OffersSign Up Here
Learning is at the centre of everything we do. Show More
YOUNG PEOPLE’S THEATRE (YPT) is the oldest professional theatre company in Toronto and is a national producer and presenter of theatre for young audiences – the first and largest of its kind in Canada. Over the past 50 years YPT has staged many of the most important plays that form the canon of work for youth in our country. YPT continues to develop new work and create partnerships with theatre companies across the country and around the world. But that’s not all. The enriched learning experiences of YPT’s Education & Participation Department provide young people with opportunities to develop their whole being. Through our workshops in community shelters and agencies, educational initiatives in Toronto classrooms, Drama School programs in four locations throughout the City,
and training and apprenticeship opportunities, we place learning at the centre of everything we do. At Young People’s Theatre we strive for a positive and lasting impact on the emotional, social, and intellectual development of young people – giving them the chance to grow into the unique and wonderful people they were born to be.
- YPT is delighted to announce Dennis Gupa as the second recipient of the Ada Slaight Drama in Education Award.
- YPT Receives 10 Dora Award Nominations for 2016/17 Season.
- Young People’s Theatre Announces 2017/18 Season – and it’s a BEAUTY!
- YPT is thrilled to announce In the Moment, a free-of-charge, intergenerational training opportunity for both emerging and experienced artists from across Canada.
- YPT presents the World Premiere of Munschtime!, featuring the beloved stories of Robert Munsch.
Don’t forget, bursary & travel subsidy applications for our Artist Educators Training are due by 5PM on August 14. https://t.co/Nc8CuWwKLG
“Only the best
is good enough
Young People’s Theatre
“Thank you, YPT. You are vital to Toronto’s cultural make-up. Here’s to the next 50 years!”– Toronto Mayor John Tory
"Everyone at YPT believes in wonder, and in children. It is magical. It feels like home."– Tanisha Taitt, Director