YPT endeavors not only to entertain, but also to provide young people and their families with opportunities for deep engagement through our plays, Drama School and community participation activities.
Our thought-provoking plays often address timely and sensitive issues relevant to youth so we provide tools to help families more fully-engage in the theatrical process. Please see Learning Opportunities for more information on engagement at YPT and click here for family ticket prices.
“First time at YPT this afternoon and we left the theatre with that ‘holy, we just discovered something really awesome’ feeling.” – YPT Patron
Below, you’ll find family-focused information on our facilities and on the many restaurants and attractions that surround us in historic Old Town Toronto, to help round-out your day.
General Facility Information
- YPT is sensitive to allergy-related concerns and endeavours to maintain a nut-free environment.
- A diaper-changing station is located in the second floor washroom.
- A limited number of booster seats are available for our youngest audience members. Please speak to a theatre usher on arrival if you wish to make use of them.
- Children under one year of age do not require a ticket but must sit on their caregiver’s lap. Any child over the age of one must have a ticket to ensure accurate numbers for fire and safety purposes.
- Strollers are not permitted in the auditoriums however they can be left in the main lobby area if necessary, though YPT cannot be held responsible for their safe-keeping.
- The auditoriums are generally open and available for seating 30 minutes prior to show time. Latecomers to the Mainstage are seated at the discretion of the theatre. We are unable to accommodate latecomers in the Studio due to the stage configuration.
The Mainstage (Susan Rubes) Theatre
Take a virtual tour!
Take a peek behind-the-scenes with YPT Artistic Director Allen MacInnis and Drama School student Omari St. Aude.
Designed for children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, this video can be helpful for all young children. It will help familiarize your child with the theatre-going experience before attending YPT so they know what to expect throughout their visit.